Info for Landlords
What WPM Residential Lettings can do for the Landlord
WPM solely let properties and are not Estate Agents. We are therefore flexible in the services we offer, briefly these are as follows:
Tenant Finding Only
We advertise and seek a suitable prospective tenant, carrying out referencing procedures etc. Once satisfactory references are received we draw up the Legal Agreement with a solicitor, liaising at all times with the landlord, carrying out inventory and condition report. Before commencing the tenancy we collect one months rent in advance together with deposit (ensuring Tenancy Deposit Scheme adhered to), making arrangements for the future rent to be paid direct to the landlord.
This comprehensive service relieves the landlord of personal involvement. We find a suitable tenant and deal with all details both prior to and during the tenancy, relieving the landlord of the day to day management of their property, including the following:
- Arrange for E.P.C. inspection to be carried out prior to marketing
- Check Gas Safety Certificate Valid
- Check Electrical Safety Regulations complied with for supply and all appliances
- If furnished – check fire and safety regulations complied with (soft furnishing)
- Check Smoke Alarms in place
- Check Carbon Monoxide Alarms fitted if required
- Advertising of property/displaying ‘For Let’ sign/poster
- Seeking suitable tenant
- Careful Vetting Procedure/Personal/Credit etc. of prospective Tenant
- Drawing up of Legal Tenancy Agreement
- Preparations of Inventories and Schedule of Conditions Report
- Collect and hold Deposit, complying with Tenancy Deposit Scheme
- Collect Rent from tenant and make arrangements to pay landlord, less commission
- Arrange for Council Tax to be transferred into tenants name
- Arrange for Utility Accounts to be transferred into tenants name
- Arrange for Annual Gas Safety check with CORGI Registered Engineer
- Make arrangements for tradesmen to carry out any necessary repairs at property
- Arrange visits to check the condition of the house/flat & garden etc.
- Arrange to serve notices to terminate the Tenancy
- Finally checking out etc, dealing with transfer of utilities etc, at the end of the Tenancy
- Arrange for the Return of Deposit, complying with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme
Full Management: 12% per month (no VAT) plus £150.00 for the drawing up of the Tenancy Agreement, £15.60 to protect the deposit with My Deposits, Inventory and Condition Report £25.00 to £55.00 (depending on the size of the property).
Find a Tenant Only: 12% of the First Six Months Rent (no VAT) deducted from the first months rent plus £150.00 for the drawing up of the Tenancy Agreement, £15.60 to protect the deposit with My Deposits, Inventory and Condition Report £25.00 to £55.00 (depending on the size of the property).
Please do not hesitate to contact us for more details/information on our comprehensive Residential Lettings Service. We will gladly visit your property and give you an appraisal of the income we consider your property could generate.